Skip to main content

Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

The WIC program provides breastfeeding support, nutrition education, referrals to appropriate health agencies, and nutritious foods for eligible applicants.

Those who are eligible:

  • Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or postpartum
  • Infants
  • Children under 5 years of age
All applicants must meet income guidelines.
To make sure your WIC appointment runs as smoothly as possible, please bring the following information with you.  If you do not have some of the information, please come to your appointment anyway.

Proof of Identity

  • For Infants/Children – Immunization Record, Birth Certificate, Hospital Record
  • For Adults – Photo ID such as a Drivers License, Passport, Employment ID, School ID or State ID

Proof of Residency

  • Current Utility Bill, Rent/Mortgage Receipt
  • Written Statement from a Reliable Third Party

Proof of Income

  • MoHealthNet, TANF or Food Stamps Approval/Eligibility Authorization Form Letter
  • Pay Stubs, Direct Deposit Slip, Military Pay Receipt
  • W-2 Forms
  • Federal Tax Forms
  • Public Assistance, Social Security, Unemployment or Workman’s Compensation


Shannon County Health Center
18018 Grey Jones Drive
Eminence, MO  65466


Pioneer Baptist Church
10293 Old Hwy 60
Birch Tree, MO  65438


At your WIC appointments, you will meet with a health professional.  He or she will give you suggestions and ideas about healthy eating for you and your children.

A Certified Breastfeeding Peer Counselor is also available to answer all your breastfeeding questions.

To schedule a WIC appointment or get more information, contact Corrie Mahan at 573-226-3914 or 800-777-3915.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:
    [email protected]

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.